Monroe County's Home Improvement Program (HIP)Thank you for expressing interest in Monroe County's Home Improvement Program (HIP). Each year, through the use of federal funds, Monroe County is able to help income-eligible homeowners repair and revitalize their homes.
Enclosed please find the program brochure, which contains program eligibility requirements, as well as the application and a checklist of acceptable documentation for determination of program eligibility. Before completing the application, please note the following program requirements:
- All household members aged 18 and over are required to provide verification of income and assets as outlined on the application. Incomplete income documentation will delay the application approval process. Any written statements of explanation need to be signed, dated and notarized.
- Homeowners are required to include verification that the mortgage is current with no past due owing and that all property taxes are paid up to date.
- Mobile home owners are required to provide a bill of sale or other proof of ownership and verification that lot rent is paid with no past due owing. If you have a mortgage, please provide verification that it is current with no past due owing.
- Regulations require that the value of the property may not exceed the current maximum FHA mortgage limit for a single-family home, currently $204,250. You will not be eligible to participate if the current assessed value of your property exceeds this amount.
- All applicants are required to carry and provide proof of homeowner's insurance. At contract, homeowners are required to add Monroe County as a loss payee to their homeowner's insurance policy.
Upon completion, please sign and date the application and return it to the attention of “Home Improvement Program,” at the address below. Applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis and need to be fully documented before projects can proceed.
Monroe County welcomes your participation in the Home Improvement Program. For additional program information, please call 753-2033 with any questions you may have..